If you are among the taxpayers expecting a refund this tax season, hold off on the champagne for a moment: A big check from the IRS isn’t necessarily good news.
The taxman kicked off the new filing season on Jan. 28, marking the first time taxpayers will be submitting their returns under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. The agency predicts it will receive more than 150 million individual income tax returns this spring.
In just the first week of the new filing season, the IRS has sent out 4.6 million refunds to early birds.
The average refund check as of the week of Feb. 1 was $1,865, according to the IRS, which in turn set off howls of protest on social media from taxpayers who were expecting at least what they got last year.
Top 10 Heal Care Stocks To Watch Right Now: FMC Corporation(FMC)
FMC Corporation, a diversified chemical company, provides solutions, applications, and products for the agricultural, consumer, and industrial markets worldwide. The company operates through three segments: FMC Agricultural Solutions, FMC Health and Nutrition, and FMC Lithium. The FMC Agricultural Solutions segment develops, manufactures, and sells crop protection chemicals comprising insecticides, herbicides, and fungicides that are used in agriculture to enhance crop yield and by controlling a broad spectrum of insects, weeds, and diseases, as well as in non-agricultural markets for pest control. The FMC Health and Nutrition segment offers microcrystalline cellulose for use in drug dry tablet binder and disintegrant, and food ingredients; carrageenan for use in food ingredient for thickening and stabilizing, pharmaceutical, and nutraceutical encapsulates; alginates for food ingredient, pharmaceutical excipient, healthcare, and industrial uses; natural colorants for use in food, pharmaceutical, and cosmetics; and omega-3 EPA/DHA for nutraceutical and pharmaceutical uses. The FMC Lithium segment offers lithium for use in batteries, polymers, pharmaceuticals, greases and lubricants, glass and ceramics, and other industrial uses. FMC Corporation was founded in 1884 and is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- [By Maxx Chatsko]Shares of FMC Corporation (NYSE:FMC) gained over 12% last month, according to data provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence. The stock rose after the company reported solid fourth-quarter and full-year 2018 operating results driven by the agricultural solutions segment, which benefited from a massive acquisition in 2017 that became fully integrated last year. While year-over-year growth in the year ahead will look relatively pedestrian by comparison, the larger overall business will create more opportunities for long-term investors.
- [By Max Byerly]Daiwa Securities Group Inc. increased its position in FMC Corp (NYSE:FMC) by 4.1% in the fourth quarter, according to the company in its most recent Form 13F filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The fund owned 5,056 shares of the basic materials company’s stock after buying an additional 200 shares during the period. Daiwa Securities Group Inc.’s holdings in FMC were worth $374,000 as of its most recent SEC filing.
Top 10 Heal Care Stocks To Watch Right Now: Prudential Public Limited Company(PUK)
Prudential plc provides retail financial products and services, and asset management services to individuals and businesses in Asia, the United States, and the United Kingdom. It offers savings, protection, investment, and unit-linked products; manages investments across a range of asset classes for internal, retail, and institutional clients; manages onshore mutual funds; and provides retirement planning, consumer and Islamic finance, and health solutions. The company also provides retirement savings and income solutions; variable annuities; fixed and fixed index annuities; term life, universal life, and variable universal life insurance; permanent individual life insurance; and institutional products, such as guaranteed investment contracts, funding agreements, and medium term note funding agreements. In addition, it offers pensions and annuities; investment plans; and car, health, home, travel, and protection insurance policies. Further, Prudential plc provides fund man agement services for individual and institutional clients. The company was founded in 1848 and is based in London, the United Kingdom.
- [By Joseph Griffin]Prudential Public Limited (NYSE:PUK) has earned a consensus recommendation of “Hold” from the six analysts that are covering the stock, MarketBeat.com reports. One research analyst has rated the stock with a sell recommendation, four have assigned a hold recommendation and one has issued a buy recommendation on the company.
- [By Ethan Ryder]Prudential (NYSE: PUK) and Reinsurance Group of America (NYSE:RGA) are both finance companies, but which is the superior stock? We will contrast the two companies based on the strength of their analyst recommendations, earnings, valuation, dividends, risk, profitability and institutional ownership.
Top 10 Heal Care Stocks To Watch Right Now: Myriad Genetics, Inc.(MYGN)
Myriad Genetics, Inc. (Myriad), incorporated on November 6, 1992, is a molecular diagnostic company. The Company is engaged in the discovery, development and marketing of transformative molecular diagnostic tests. The Company operates through two segments: diagnostics and other. The diagnostics segment provides testing and collaborative development of testing that is designed to assess an individual’s risk for developing disease later in life, identify a patient’s likelihood of responding to drug therapy and guide a patient’s dosing to enable optimal treatment, or assess a patient’s risk of disease progression and disease recurrence. The other segment provides testing products and services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical research industries, research and development, and clinical services for patients, and also includes corporate services, such as finance, human resources, legal and information technology. Myriad offers diagnostic tests for a range of diseases, such as Myriad myRisk Hereditary Cancer test for hereditary breast cancer, hereditary ovarian cancer, hereditary pancreatic cancer, hereditary uterine (endometrial) cancer and hereditary colon cancer; Myriad myPlan Lung Cancer test for lung cancer; Myriad myPath Melanoma test for melanoma; Prolaris test for prostate cancer, and Vectra DA for rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
Molecular Diagnostic Testing
The Company’s molecular diagnostic tests are designed to analyze genes, their expression levels and corresponding proteins. Myriad’s primary molecular diagnostic tests include myRisk Hereditary Cancer, a deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) sequencing test for assessing the risks for hereditary cancers, such as breast cancer, ovarian cancer, colon cancer, uterine cancer, melanoma, pancreatic cancer, prostate cancer and gastric cancer; BRACAnalysis, a DNA sequencing test for assessing the risk of developing breast and ovarian cancer; BART, a DNA sequencing test for hereditary breast and ovarian cancer; BRACAnalysis CDx ! , a DNA sequencing test for use as a companion diagnostic with the poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) inhibitor LynparzaTM (olaparib); Tumor BRACAnalysis CDx, a DNA sequencing test designed to be utilized to predict response to DNA damaging agents, such as platinum-based chemotherapy agents and PARP inhibitors; COLARIS, a DNA sequencing test for assessing the risk of colorectal and uterine cancer; COLARIS AP, a DNA sequencing test for assessing the risk of colorectal cancer; Vectra DA, a protein detection test for assessing the disease activity of rheumatoid arthritis; Prolaris, a ribonucleic acid (RNA) expression test for assessing the aggressiveness of prostate cancer; EndoPredict, an RNA expression test for assessing the aggressiveness of breast cancer; myPath Melanoma, an RNA expression test for diagnosing melanoma, and myPlan Lung Cancer, an RNA expression test for assessing the aggressiveness of lung cancer.
Pharmaceutical and Clinical Services
The Company provides a range of pharmaceutical and clinical services. Through its subsidiary, Myriad RBM, Inc., Myriad provides biomarker discovery and pharmaceutical and clinical services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical research industries utilizing its multiplexed immunoassay technology. The Company also owns Privatklinik Dr. Robert Schindlbeck GmbH & Co. KG, located approximately 15 miles from the Company’s European laboratories in Munich, Germany. The Company’s technology enables it to screen sets of well-characterized clinical samples from both diseased and non-diseased populations against its menu of biomarkers.
- [By Maxx Chatsko]February was a great month for genetic testing stocks. Shares of Invitae (NYSE:NVTA) paced the pack with a monthly gain of 42.9%, according to data provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence. That was followed by NeoGenomics (NASDAQ:NEO) and Myriad Genetics (NASDAQ:MYGN), which rose 17.9% and 10.1%, respectively.
- [By Maxx Chatsko]Despite all the progress, Invitae is still the least mature business among its publicly traded peers, including Genomic Health (NASDAQ:GHDX) and Myriad Genetics (NASDAQ:MYGN). Here’s how it compares to its closest competitors:
- [By Ethan Ryder]ILLEGAL ACTIVITY NOTICE: “Myriad Genetics (MYGN) Releases Q3 Earnings Guidance” was reported by Ticker Report and is the sole property of of Ticker Report. If you are reading this report on another domain, it was illegally copied and republished in violation of U.S. and international copyright & trademark legislation. The correct version of this report can be read at www.tickerreport.com/banking-finance/4128676/myriad-genetics-mygn-releases-q3-earnings-guidance.html.
- [By Motley Fool Transcribers]Myriad Genetics Inc (NASDAQ:MYGN)Q2 2019 Earnings Conference CallFeb. 05, 2019, 4:30 p.m. ET
Prepared Remarks Questions and Answers Call Participants
Top 10 Heal Care Stocks To Watch Right Now: Sify Technologies Limited(SIFY)
Sify Technologies Limited (Sify), incorporated on December 12, 1995, is an integrated information and communications technology (ICT) solutions and services company. The Company offers end-to-end solutions with a range of products delivered over a common telecom data network infrastructure reaching approximately 1,300 cities and towns in India at March 31, 2016. Its segments are Telecom services, which includes domestic data, international data wholesale voice and network managed services; Data Centre services, which includes co-location services; Cloud and managed services, which includes information technology (IT) infra services, IT transformation services, remote and onsite infrastructure managed services and delivery platforms; Technology integration services, which includes data center build, network integration, information security, end-user computing, and collaborative tools and solutions, and Applications integration services, which includes application development and maintenance, application testing, mobility solutions, e-learning, portals, tools, process and automation.
As of March 31, 2016, the Company’s telecom network connected 36 data centers across India and customer data centers. The Company’s revenue is also derived from enterprise services, comprising telecom services, data center services, cloud and managed services, applications integration services and technology integration services. Sify also provides services that cater to the burgeoning demands of the small and medium business (SMB) community, much of it on its cloud services platform. Sify Technologies (Singapore) Pte. Ltd and Sify Technologies North America Corporation are its subsidiaries.
The Company is a network provider offering wireless endpoints and wired terminations. The focus of the Telecom Services segment is on India Data Business, Global Network Business and Wholesale Voice.
Data Centre services
As of March 31, 2016, the Company ! had six Tier III Data Centres across various geographical locations in India. The Data Centre services business offers services, such as co-location, regular backup, server load balancing and remote backup; managed services, such as messaging, shared hosting, network and security, and storage and virtualization and managed voice services to all resident enterprises.
Cloud and Managed services
The Cloud services business provides on-demand, multi-tenant and storage solutions, public, private and hybrid cloud platforms and infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS) and disaster recovery (DR) as services. The Company offers cloud delivery solutions on a home grown tool with an objective of reducing the total cost of ownership (TCO) offering value to customers, on an automated platform called Cloudinfinit.
Technology Integration services
Technology Integration Services (TIS) combines Sify’s IT capabilities with the Company’s core telecom and Data Centre products to provide a converged turnkey ICT solution to the customer. TIS leverages Sify’s home-grown know-how in design, implementation and maintenance to deliver end-to-end managed IT services across datacenters, network and security. Its focuses on service desks and command centers; voice and video conferencing; hosted contact centers; unified communication and unified access; virtualization; data center build; campus/local area network (LAN)/data center networking; wide area network (WAN) architectures, and enterprise and end point security.
Applications Integration services
The Company has designed and developed a suite of applications, such as supply chain management application, forum and the online assessment tool, iTest. The Company has invested early on, in the sunrise business e-learning recognizing the demand of enterprises to take forward a uniform training platform to all branches and subsidiaries. Its sunrise business caters to various verticals! with off! erings, such as talent management, and automated platform that enables multi city, multiple point recruitments and test platform, sales and distribution platform, e-learning platform primarily for enterprises outside of India for local and Internet-based training, and Web solutions, such as portals, among others.
The Company competes with Bharti Airtel, Tata Communications Limited, Reliance Infocomm, Tata Teleservices, Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited, Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited, Reliance Jio, Reliance, Ctrl S, Net Magic, Ramco, Infosys, HP, Wipro, TCS, Oracle, IBM, SAP, SumTotal and SABA.
- [By Money Morning Reports]Like Sify Technologies Ltd. (Nasdaq: SIFY)… a 143% winner… Fanhua Inc. (Nasdaq: FANH)… a 245.56% winner… and Boot Barn Holdings Inc. (NYSE: BOOT)… netting an astounding gain of 260%.
- [By Lisa Levin] Friday afternoon, the telecommunication services shares rose 2.1 percent. Meanwhile, top gainers in the sector included Intelsat S.A. (NYSE: I), up 11 percent, and Sify Technologies Limited (NASDAQ: SIFY) up 4 percent.
Top 10 Heal Care Stocks To Watch Right Now: Zosano Pharma Corporation(ZSAN)
We are a clinical stage specialty pharmaceutical company that has developed a proprietary transdermal microneedle patch system to deliver our proprietary formulations of existing drugs through the skin for the treatment of a variety of indications. Our microneedle patch system offers rapid onset, consistent drug delivery, improved ease of use and room-temperature stability, benefits that we believe often are unavailable using oral formulations or injections. Our microneedle patch system has the potential to deliver numerous medications for a wide variety of indications in commercially attractive markets. By focusing our development efforts on the delivery of established molecules with known safety and efficacy and premium pricing, we plan to reduce our clinical and regulatory risk and development costs and accelerate our time to commercialization. Advisors’ Opinion:
- [By Money Morning Staff Reports]After looking at last week’s top penny stocks, we’ll show you this top penny stock…
Penny Stock Sector Current Share Price Last Week’s Gain
Sky Solar Holdings Ltd. (NASDAQ: SKYS) Utilities $1.19 111.74%
Zosano Pharma Corp. (NASDAQ: ZSAN) Healthcare $4.54 106.36%
Achieve Life Sciences Inc. (NASDAQ: ACHV) Healthcare $3.30 89.66%
EnSync Inc. (NYSE: ESNC) Industrial Goods $0.13 85.00%
Riot Blockchain Inc. (NASDAQ: RIOT) Healthcare $3.95 74.78%
Ideanomics Inc. (NASDAQ: IDEX) Technologies $1.97 71.30%
Eco-Stim Energy Solutions Inc. (OTCMKTS: ESES) Basic Materials $0.27 54.65%
Pier 1 Imports Inc. (NYSE: PIR) Services $1.31 47.91%
Marathon Patent Group Inc. (NASDAQ: MARA) Services $0.74 42.29%
China Internet NationWide Financial Services Inc. (NASDAQ: CIFS) Financial $1.28 42.24%
As you can see, knowing where to look for the top penny stocks could reward you with double-digit, or even triple-digit, returns in mere days.
- [By Joseph Griffin]Zosano Pharma (NASDAQ:ZSAN) will announce its earnings results after the market closes on Tuesday, May 15th.
Zosano Pharma (NASDAQ:ZSAN) last issued its quarterly earnings results on Monday, March 12th. The biotechnology company reported ($3.80) EPS for the quarter, topping analysts’ consensus estimates of ($4.80) by $1.00.
- [By Paul Ausick]Zosano Pharma Corp. (NASDAQ: ZSAN) dropped about 17% Tuesday to post a new 52-week low of $0.54 after closing at $0.65 on Friday. Volume was around 720,000, about 10% below the daily average of around 850,000. The company had no specific news.
Top 10 Heal Care Stocks To Watch Right Now: Twitter, Inc.(TWTR)
Twitter, Inc. operates as a global platform for public self-expression and conversation in real time. The company offers various products and services, including Twitter that allows users to create, distribute, and discover content; and Periscope and Vine, a mobile application that enables user to broadcast and watch video live. It also provides promoted products and services, such as promoted tweets, promoted accounts, and promoted trends that enable its advertisers to promote their brands, products, and services; and subscription access to its data feed for data partners. In addition, the company offers a set of tools, public APIs, and embeddable widgets for developers to contribute their content to its platform; syndicate and distribute Twitter content across their properties; and enhance their Websites and applications with Twitter content. Twitter, Inc. was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
- [By ]More impressively, Tran accomplished this without hiring a single salesperson or spending a cent on advertising. Even today, his company doesn’t have a Twitter (Nasdaq: TWTR) handle or Facebook (Nasdaq: FB) account.
- [By ]If you think Alphabet, the parent company of Google (Nasdaq: GOOGL), is a technology company, you might be right. But it’s not in the technology sector, not officially, at least. As of September 21, 2018, Google became a charter member of the “communication services” sector, right along with Facebook (Nasdaq: FB) and Twitter (Nasdaq: TWTR).
Top 10 Heal Care Stocks To Watch Right Now: China Mobile (Hong Kong) Ltd.(CHL)
We provide a full range of mobile services in all 31 provinces, autonomous regions and directly-administered municipalities in Mainland China as well as in Hong Kong. Based on publicly available information, we are the leading provider of mobile services in Mainland China and the largest provider of mobile services in the world as measured by total number of mobile customers as of December 31, 2015. As of March 31, 2016, our total number of mobile customers reached approximately 833.9 million.
The History and Development of the Company
We were incorporated under the laws of Hong Kong on September 3, 1997 as a limited liability company under the name “China Telecom (Hong Kong) Limited”. We changed our name to “China Mobile (Hong Kong) Limited” on June 28, 2000 and then to “China Mobile Limited” on May 29, 2006. Advisors’ Opinion:
- [By Chris Neiger]And China Mobile (NYSE:CHL), the world’s largest telecom, says it’ll launch 5G commercially next year, as it begins to bring its 900 million subscribers to its upgraded network.
- [By Leo Sun, Maxx Chatsko, and Dan Caplinger]Many dividend stocks fell out of favor over the past year as rising interest rates turned bonds into more attractive income investments. Yet there are still plenty of high-yielding stocks that are currently trading at discount valuations. Today, three of our Motley Fool investors will share three stocks that fit the bill — China Mobile (NYSE:CHL), General Motors (NYSE:GM), and WestRock (NYSE:WRK).
Top 10 Heal Care Stocks To Watch Right Now: Taseko Mines Limited(TGB)
Taseko Mines Limited is a mining company. The Company is engaged in the production and sale of metals, as well as related activities, including exploration and mine development, within the province of British Columbia, Canada and the State of Arizona, the United States. Its operating asset is the Gibraltar Mine, a copper mine located in central British Columbia. It also owns the New Prosperity Gold-Copper, Aley Niobium, Florence Copper and Harmony Gold Projects. The Florence Copper Project is an in-situ copper recovery (ISCR) project in central Arizona. The Aley Niobium Project is located in northern British Columbia, approximately 140 kilometers north of Mackenzie. The New Prosperity Project is a gold-copper porphyry with approximately one billion ton measured and indicated resource containing approximately 5.3 billion pounds of copper and over 13.3 million ounces of gold. The Harmony Project is a gold project located on Graham Island off British Columbia’s west coast. Advisors’ Opinion:
- [By Stephan Byrd]Taseko Mines Ltd (NYSEAMERICAN:TGB) (TSE:TKO)’s share price rose 1.2% during trading on Monday . The company traded as high as $0.82 and last traded at $0.83. Approximately 10,320 shares were traded during trading, a decline of 99% from the average daily volume of 804,476 shares. The stock had previously closed at $0.82.
- [By Shane Hupp]Shares of Taseko Mines Ltd (NYSEAMERICAN:TGB) (TSE:TKO) saw unusually-strong trading volume on Friday . Approximately 1,697,074 shares changed hands during mid-day trading, an increase of 111% from the previous session’s volume of 804,476 shares.The stock last traded at $0.80 and had previously closed at $0.76.
- [By Max Byerly]News headlines about Taseko Mines (NASDAQ:TGB) have trended somewhat positive this week, Accern Sentiment reports. Accern ranks the sentiment of media coverage by analyzing more than 20 million blog and news sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Taseko Mines earned a news sentiment score of 0.09 on Accern’s scale. Accern also gave media coverage about the company an impact score of 47.3781367645352 out of 100, meaning that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the company’s share price in the next few days.
Top 10 Heal Care Stocks To Watch Right Now: EXCO Resources NL(XCO)
EXCO Resources, Inc., an independent oil and natural gas company, engages in the acquisition, exploration, exploitation, development, and production of onshore oil and natural gas properties with a focus on shale resource plays in the United States. The company holds interests in approximately 83,800 net acres located in the Haynesville and Bossier shales of East Texas and North Louisiana; approximately 65,800 net acres situated in the Eagle Ford shale of South Texas; and approximately 137,400 net acres of prospective area located in the Marcellus shale of the Appalachian basin. As of December 31, 2015, it had proved reserves of approximately 907.3 billion cubic feet equivalent of oil and gas; and operated 6,380 gross wells. The company was founded in 1955 and is based in Dallas, Texas.
- [By Logan Wallace] X-Coin (XCO) is a PoW/PoS coin that uses the SHA256 hashing algorithm. Its launch date was February 26th, 2015. X-Coin’s total supply is 12,384,976 coins. X-Coin’s official website is x-coin.info. X-Coin’s official Twitter account is @XcoinNews and its Facebook page is accessible here.
- [By Joseph Griffin]X-Coin (CURRENCY:XCO) traded up 3% against the US dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 18:00 PM ET on August 21st. During the last week, X-Coin has traded up 3.4% against the US dollar. One X-Coin coin can currently be purchased for approximately $0.0058 or 0.00000089 BTC on major exchanges including Cryptopia and YoBit. X-Coin has a total market cap of $71,468.00 and approximately $60.00 worth of X-Coin was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Top 10 Heal Care Stocks To Watch Right Now: Allegiance Bancshares, Inc.(ABTX)
Allegiance Bancshares, Inc. operates as a bank holding company for Allegiance Bank that provides a range of commercial banking services primarily to small and medium-sized businesses, and individual customers. It accepts deposit products, including checking accounts, commercial accounts, savings accounts, and other time deposits comprising money market accounts and certificates of deposit. The company also grants various loan products, such as commercial and industrial loans; commercial real estate, including multi-family residential loans; commercial real estate construction and land development loans; residential real estate loans, such as 1-4 family residential mortgage loans; residential construction loans; and consumer and other loans. In addition, it offers debit card, cash management, and wire transfer services; night depository, direct deposits, cashiers and travelers checks, and letters of credit; and online bill payment and electronic delivery of customer statements. Further, the company provides automated teller machines, as well as telephone, mail, Internet, and personal banking services. It operates 16 full-service banking locations in the Houston metropolitan area and 2 full-service banking locations in Central Texas. Allegiance Bancshares, Inc. was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
- [By Stephan Byrd]Get a free copy of the Zacks research report on Allegiance Bancshares (ABTX)
For more information about research offerings from Zacks Investment Research, visit Zacks.com
- [By Ethan Ryder]COPYRIGHT VIOLATION WARNING: “Allegiance Bancshares Inc (ABTX) Director Sells $695,287.65 in Stock” was reported by Ticker Report and is the property of of Ticker Report. If you are viewing this report on another site, it was illegally stolen and republished in violation of US and international copyright & trademark laws. The legal version of this report can be viewed at www.tickerreport.com/banking-finance/4189715/allegiance-bancshares-inc-abtx-director-sells-695287-65-in-stock.html.